Become a Member
- Try lawn bowling and see if it’s for you. Join us for a lesson by contacting Head Coach John Hickson or Coach Terry Hogan. You can also come to the green for drop-in lessons on Sundays at 1:15.
- Fill out the membership application. Download an application or request one from one of our coaches. Turn it in to a coach or mail to PALBC, 474 Embarcadero Rd. Palo Alto, CA 94301.
- You will be notified of your acceptance. Pay your membership dues by check to PALBC, PayPal on our website, or in person.
- After paying your dues and initiation fee, you will receive a New Member Welcome pack with your name badge, a key to the gate and equipment cupboards, and informational literature. For a $20 deposit you can rent a locker to store your equipment.
- You can use club bowls to experiment with different sizes to determine what works for you. As you become better and play more often you will want to acquire your own set of bowls. Used equipment is available, as well as advice on purchasing new equipment.
- You can work with a coach or other members to get up to speed on the basic rules and skills until you are approved for draw games. You can also come out and practice on your own. (You have a key!)
- You will receive a “lead” draw chip that stays at the club and is used for the randomly selected teams on draw game days. The Club has draw games throughout the week and on weekends.
- You will begin receiving the club’s monthly newsletter, Wicks. You will also receive invitations to the club’s popular social events throughout the year.
- As a club member, you are entitled to rent the clubhouse for your event at a discounted rate. See the Members Event Rental Contract for more information.
- As a member of the Palo Alto Lawn Bowls Club you are also a member of Bowls USA (BUSA) and are eligible to compete in regional and national tournaments. See www.bowlsusa.us for more information.
Fees and Application
- Full club membership is $135 per year (PALBC is your home club)
- Dual membership is $80 per year (you belong to another club too)
- Student membership is $70 per year (must be 18 years or older)
- Associate membership is $30 per year (no bowling privileges)
There is a one-time $20 initiation fee to cover the cost of your name badge, key, etc. Club membership is half price for new members who join after June 1.
Pay annual membership dues online (due annually on December 1)